While the whole world today is working on containing the spread of Covid-19. India in its effort is trying all possible measures to control the spread and flatten the Covid-19 curve as early as possible.
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare briefed media houses on India’s preparedness and action plan to fight coronavirus. The health officials informed that total of 1,479 cases i.e.13.06 percent of Covid-19 positive patients have been recovered as on 17th April’2020. In last 24 hours total 1,004 confirmed cases have been reported taking the toll of total confirmed Covid-19 cases to 13,387.
Joint secretary Luv Agarwal listed down the points on action plans and preparedness
- Distribution of rapid testing kits are being done in all the states
- Re-evaluation of the existing drugs to be used against Covid-19
- Exploration of traditional methods to fight the war against coronavirus
Before lockdown, doubling rate of #COVID19 cases was about 3 days, but according to data in the past 7 days, the doubling rate of cases now stands at 6.2 days. Doubling rate in 19 States, Union Territories are even lower than average doubling rate.Lav Aggrawal, Joint Health Secretary, Union Health Ministry
- The work on vaccine development is under full pace. The team is working on recombinant BCG, convalescent plasma therapy, monoclonal antibodies
- India has already set-up 1919 dedicated Covid-19 hospitals with 1.73 lakh isolation beds and 21,800 ICU beds for any adverse situation
The ratio between recovered Covid- 19 patients and deaths stands at 80:20 in India which is higher than that in several other counties.Lav Aggrawal, Joint Health Secretary, Union Health Ministry
He also mention that total of 3,19,400 Covid-19 tests have been conducted so far out of which 28,340 tests were conducted on Thursday. The Ministry also showcased the video on Covid-19 dedicated hospital facility recently being setup in Gujarat to show the developments being done by the Government.
Let us know about your views & suggestion on India’s preparedness through comments below.
Follow Covidelive.info on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For the latest news on coronavirus, covid-19 tracker & live updates checkout Covidlive.info